Saturday, December 16, 2006
Saturday Night Reflections
I know that everyone is especially busy in December, but I figure that 12 days is long enough to go without posting any thoughts. I certainly have nothing profound to say, but I am thoroughly enjoying the Christmas music playing and the glow of the tree lights. How good it is (should be) to stop every year and wait for Christmas. There is no other day during the year that is anticipated, advertised, and shopped for like Christmas; it even has its own music dominating the radio stations for 6-8 weeks before the actual day. If only all this hype could point the way to the actual meaning of Christmas and not take on a life of its own. I guess we all have to make our own decisions about what we need to do, or not do, to make our celebration of Christmas the life-transforming event it truly is, year after year after year. Although some of my reasons for loving this season of the year seem superficial, I hope I can use them to prepare me for the Main Event.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment