Monday, February 05, 2007

Suggestible


The pictures of snow really got me in the winter mindset. This morning Eric & I decided to trade off times to go to the Superbowl. Normally I would not get up early for the Superbowl, but of course, it was the Bears and 1985 made a great impression on my young mind. So Eric took the early shift and called me at half time to tell me that he was coming home. He said, "If you're ready to go when I get home you can drop me off at school. If not, I'll ride my bike." At that moment I was looking at the pics of snow that Jen posted and remembering vividly shoveling the driveway and those heavy grey skies. It was on the the tip of my tongue to say, "How can you ride to school in all this snow?" when I looked out the window and remembered, "Ah yes, it is seventy degrees out." Which is, by the way, quite cold for us and made for a cozy Superbowl party with lots of steaming mugs and blankets. It almost felt like home.

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

We're sorry about the Bears but glad the game seemed like a slice of "home." We are in need of as many steaming mugs and blankets as we can get as we are in the middle of a true Arctic freeze. I don't remember temps this low for this long since....'78? We hope you and Gabe are feeling better, Ang.