Saturday, June 09, 2007

Luke 9:24

Thanks to Kevin and Jen, Brian and I managed to have a night out on the town last night. (Holland, that is. We actually do have some sort of night-life here, now.) Ran into several people we know downtown and ended up at Lemonjello's for entertaining music done by someone half our age. We felt like chaperones among the "next generation" swarming around us. A few people we talked to last night commented on "how nice it must be to be out without the kids." Don't get me wrong, I need breaks from them. But, in answer to my repeated prayer of the season, this morning I found myself enjoying them so deeply. Even though they were fighting over who moved Mr. Monkey from the tea party circle...even though they were angrily defending their carefully contructed creations....even though they really were quite grumpy, I didn't want to be any where else. Maybe it was just because we stayed up too late and I was too exhausted to do anything but play tea party, but my heart warmed at realizing how I really am finding myself by loosing myself...in my kids...in my Calling...in becoming a better person by admitting how imperfect I am. Who knew? Oh, yeah , Jesus.

No comments: