One of the little ones fell down between the walls and was trapped. Mike had to cut a hole in the kitchen wall to get that one out. So far, the mother and four babies have been caught. Since squirrels generally have 3-5 babies, we are quite sure they are all gone. It has been quiet for two days, but the traps are still in place.
I must admit that when I found out that a "family" was involved (and most of them were removed at separate times), I began thinking things like, "That mother will never see her children again" and "Those little ones must wonder what happened to their brothers and sisters." I try not to dwell on these thoughts, and overall we're extremely grateful they're gone and that there are people like Mike who comes every time we call to report another squirrel in the trap. One day, while he was here, he got a call about skunks needing to be removed. Could have been worse!
Although we have lived here for 24 years, surrounded by tall trees full of squirrels, this is the first time one has found a way to get in. After Mike is done, that shouldn't happen again for a very long time.

2 comments:
Yikes, I'm glad you were able to get on top of that and I hope that the family has been reunited! (and that it didn't cost you an arm and a leg...)
So glad that they won't be scuttering around your attic! I do feel for the squirrel family being separated. They look kind of cute when they're not in your house.
Post a Comment