Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sunrise, Sunset

....and so much beauty in between. My sister from California, my sister-in-law from Grand Rapids, and I spent a couple of perfect days in Saugatuck at a place on the river. The first picture shows our view when we got up in the morning. The second one is a sunset on Lake Michigan enjoyed from the end of the pier. Late September and October weather this year has been incredibly beautiful. We enjoyed sitting on our little balcony, catching up and reminiscing.
The last picture shows my sister being surprised by an early birthday cake and cards made by our grandkids--her great-nieces and nephews. We all enjoyed seeing her again and wish she could visit more often.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

patty said...

Wow - you beat me to it with this post! I have a couple more I want to do before I talk about Saugatuck, and now we are at Lake Gregory. I guess it's better than having nothing to say! Anyway, this all brings back some very happy memories. Thanks again for the little party - I was totally surprised and I'm sure the kids got a kick out of it too!!