Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cottage Caper

Before summer ends, I want to post some pictures of our July week at the cottage with all 17 of us. Although it was probably the hottest week of the summer, being close to Lake Michigan made it much easier to take. I can't remember the last time we went swimming at sunset with no one needing a towel or shirt to warm up. We were able to swim early and late, missing the punishing noontime sun. Everyone enjoyed the sand--although Blaise wasn't sure that it tasted all that great.

Since we were on a boardwalk, wagons were used to get everything to and from the cottage--and for Grandpa to give rides to the younger grandkids. I enjoyed seeing the multi-tasking in the last picture. Ang is braiding Jen's hair while Jen is putting sunscreen on Elinore. We had a wonderful week, and pictures bring back sweet memories. I will share more soon.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jen said...

great photos!

patty said...

Looks like a memorable time - can't wait to see that beach!!