Friday, August 04, 2006

Snapshots






Well, I'm finally back to posting. I think I've been grieving for the fast internet of the States. It doesn't take an hour to work on a post. Anyway, I've been looking through our pics of our trip home and thinking about how our life with our family in recent years has been like a bunch of snapshots rather than a continuous film. We see everyone every so often and get to know a little about them at that time, then carry that picture of them around with us until we see them again. By the time we've seen everyone again, they've changed in so many ways. The last time Gabe & Sam had played before this summer, they were little more than babies and were hardly aware of each other. By the next time they see each other, they'll be school aged and maybe a bit more self-conscious. They'll feel the weight of their age and complain about the immature play of Lydia, Eleanore & Sophia. The little girls will no longer be babies but laughing little girls who will hopefully make mischief for their older cousins. Maybe Gabe & Sam will arrange a play for them to perform for us. Even though it was only a snapshot, I'm glad we got to spend the time. In one way I'm glad for the limited time; we put so much into the time we do have that what we have is very memorable. Thanks to you all for the efforts that you made to make it a wonderful time.

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Thanks for the pictures and your thoughts. We are grateful for the "snapshots," as well as the experiences they represent and the memories they prompt. Our time together was short but sweet. We miss all of you.

jen said...

I love the progression of Gabe and Sam in the bath together. It is amazing to see how much they've changed in the last couple years!

ang said...

Next time they might be too embarassed for such a shot:)