Saturday, March 03, 2007
Home Alone
Many people have asked me how I'm doing, home alone. Because of children who call and invite me for dinner, a kind neighbor who "loves to snowblow," a few great recent TV specials, a working furnace, and more than enough work to do, I'm fine. I am, however, really getting eager to hear about all of Dad's adventures, ask him about many small decisions, and, in general, share life once again. I'm sure he will be more faithful about feeding the birds (5 different feeders), filling the heated birdbath, and feeding the fish, but overall things have gone smoothly. He will probably want to eat with chopsticks for a while as he said they were having rice three times a day in Vietnam and he was doing well with chopsticks. Well, I'd better go feed the fish--don't want them to pass away while he's gone. Thanks for your kindness and concern for this "old lady."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
After all the time you spend together, it's nice to hear that you are looking forward to your reunion. It's probably been a while since you have been apart this long, huh? We are excited for his return, as well.
Amy
Post a Comment