Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Second-hand Smoke


It's been a while since I posted or commented mostly because I was having trouble with the new blogger due to my defunct e-mail account. Anyway, I thought I'd get back with the program. This past month and a half has been a bit of a blur. I feel like I'm back to the early days of being a mom with interrupted rest every night. I don't think Gabe has slept through more than three nights since January. In the middle of the night he wakes up coughing in spite of the air cleaner and air conditioner. Right now is the burning season and dust season. The dust is as bad as it has ever been since we've had no rain in four months. We've also had no wind to blow the smoke away so it just sits over the city till it looks like we're in a fog. It's been especially bad this week and the health dept. issued a warning. Some people have been talking of flying down to Bangkok to get rid of their coughs. It's bad when Bangkok is a haven of fresh air. Anyway, hope you're all well and enjoying your crisp, clean air.

2 comments:

jen said...

sorry to hear you are all having your lungs invaded! Clean air is one of those things we take for granted. Right now we're just hoping that spring will start sometime before March is over. We had another couple inches of snow last night. We miss you all so much.

Sherrie said...

Where did you get that picture, Ang? I feel like coughing just looking at it. Taking a break from your "heavy air" sounds like a great idea. We look forward to sharing some of our clear (most days) air with you, but remind you to dress warmly. April can be cold. See you soon!