Saturday, August 04, 2007

Anniversary

This picture was taken 10 years ago. The day was hot and sticky, the park was green and lush after it rained the night before, family and friends both old and new flowed in to celebrate with us. We were fresh in love. It has been a long 10 years. In a good way. You probably know neither of us are prone to sentimentality or romance (though we have had more than our share of steamy escapades!) But if there is one thing we are never short on, it is adventure. We have not been bored. We have not been normal. Brian has lead me on one wild, faith-filled ride after another over the past 10 years and I would not trade it for all the gooshy-smoochy-lovey-doviness in the world. I respect him more than I ever have. I understand him more than I ever have. I need him more than I ever have. I love him more than I ever have. I can't wait to see what the next 10 years hold for us. I'm hanging on!


_________________________________________


On a lighter note, yesterday Lydia shows up in the kitchen and says, "Mama, look! I got a little bit dressed up!" This is what I saw...


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

ang said...

A very happy anniversary to you!

jen said...

That picture of Lydia looks so hilarious. Everytime I look at it I start laughing. She looks like something out a Dr. Seuss book!

kukailimoku said...

10 years. What a gift. Congratulations! Amy, Simone and I still often talk about your encouragement to her early on in our marriage. You told her, "it only gets better." And I must agree.

It was such a treat to see ya'll earlier this month, if even for just a few minutes.