Sam has had a couple interesting things to say about "boys" lately. I thought I would share his insights:
Brian and he were reading about Jesus being circumcised after he was born and Sam, of course, wondered what that meant. After a very frank explanation of the what and why's of circumcision, Sam asked if Lydia and other girls had a similar operation. Brian answered in the negative and Sam replied, "That's probably because boys sin more than girls."
I was telling him a bit of a story from Little Men, which I am reading. The characters I was describing happened to be twins. I reminded them what twins were and he asked if they dressed the same. I answered, "No, this set of twins had one girl and one boy, so they didn't dress the same." Sam immediately replied, "Yeah, because boys have to look cool and girls have to look pretty."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You (and Sam) will really enjoy looking back on his four-year-old perspective years from now. He is "pretty" cool--another double-meaning word that will take some explaining. :)
Post a Comment