Thursday, January 31, 2008

Kid Update
















Sam and Lydia have been loving the snow this year. Icicles and forts have been the thing to keep them going. Sam wanted to make sure Gabe saw a picture of the fort we carved. (I actually helped him, since I can fit my belly into Brian's cover-alls!)

















In other (indoor) news, we are getting into a nice routine with homeschool...very laid back, but
intentional, nonetheless, with wonderful books, helping around the house, morning worship as a
family, learning letters and beginning math probably next week. I am also trying to make sure the kids and I serve in some way each week. This week I hope to help Sam collect a bag of Legos to give to a group sending them to kids in Africa who don't have these great toys to play with...can you imagine...Sam without LEGOS??
















And here is my little helper. Sophie's favorite thing to hear is "Sophie, do you want to help mama?" Her face lights up, she gets all serious and usually pushes the stool over to wherever I am. Her favorite things to do are help wash the dishes and load the laundry in the washing machine. When she sees me doing one of these things without her, she gives me this look that says, "How can you be doing this without ME?!" and pushes her chair over. I also find it amusing that when we are doing dishes and I get in the way of her play with a large cutting board or pan, she exclaims, "Beep beep! Inaway! Beep Beep!" As if SHE were the reason we are there in the first place. Sophie, you are SO MUCH FUN!!

3 comments:

ang said...

We can't see the pic of the fort:(

Anonymous said...

is it fixed now?
amy

ang said...

We can see it now. Gabe was so excited when he saw the picture of the fort. He is planning all sorts of elaborate snow projects for next year. Sadly, he lacks knowledge of the limitations of snow. Oh well, we'll let him dream til next year:)