Sunday, April 06, 2008

Time Away

For our birthdays this year, Dad and I spent a few days at the Hexagon House Bed and Breakfast up in Pentwater. We had a wonderful time, especially the first night when we had the whole house to ourselves. It was a great place to read, watch a movie, and just relax. We really enjoyed getting to know the gracious innkeepers, Tom and Amy. They have a daughter who graduated from Hope a few years ago, so we had lots to talk about.

The breakfasts were beautiful and delicious, and they are always willing to share their recipes. It was sunny but cold as we walked out on the pier and watched some fishermen catch large steelhead trout. I had never realized how long it takes to land a big fish; maybe it seemed longer because it was cold and windy. I can't imagine fishing for hours in weather like that--guess I'm just a wimp.

The picture of this sunset was taken at the state park beach. We hope to go back to Pentwater sometime when the weather is warmer.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

QEdward said...

It was very, very interesting to read your post. Thank u)

jen said...

It really does look very nice. And the food looks yummy!! I'm so glad you guys had a great time!