So we finally admitted that vacationing with four little ones isn't much of a vacation. This week we tried a "staycation," as I hear they are called. We drove zero miles, packed zero suitcases, planned local day trips and special events, and went to Meijers to fill our kitchen with yummy treats for the week. Brian took the week off from work and I am taking the week off from "work" as much as possible. This has been the best vacation yet. We've been able to keep up some normal routine around here (which the kids do best in), use the help of friends and family, and do some really fun, yet simple stuff around home. I continue to remind myself that little ones love simple pleasures. Lydia and I had a date this afternoon. I love seeing her light up from the special attention. Tonight's agenda: hotdogs and s'mores over a backyard fire!
Peach Pickin'

Canoeing on the Black River around Windmill Island
2 comments:
Sounds like you guys are having a great time! I can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures!
jen
Very cool you guys. What a great idea! We took the tikes on a 13 hour drive to Missouri this summer to visit family. It worked, but it was a chore.
Post a Comment