I think we were in paradise for the kids. Rocks everywhere! Big rocks, small rocks, piles of rocks, what is it that is so enticing? The minute we got to the cool, dry mountain air Toby's hair went pin straight. It stayed like that all week until we came home and instantly curled up again. I guess we'll have to stay in Michigan just for curly hair!
It was quite cool for most of our hikes. I thought it would be warmer since it is August already, but whether because of the cool summer we seem to have had, or because summer is nearly over in the mountains we were very glad to have our fleeces. Even Elinore who would wear short sleeves all winter if I let her stayed bundled up. When cold it seemed like snuggling with Daddy was the best help.
You probably can't tell from the picture, but Elinore is actually hugging this little aspen tree. I think she did this all on her own accord.
This is one of the two coyotes we saw. We felt pretty lucky to see them right in the middle of the day, along the road in the national park. We saw lots of other wildlife, as well. Marmots, birds, prairie dogs, elk, a little fawn literally next to our cabin, bunnies,... Elinore liked the wildlife best when we were safely inside our car or cabin!
Mom and Dad, we hope you have as wonderful a time in Colorado as we did. We have a few hikes to recommend to you!

1 comment:
I love these pictures....and we are taking notes on must-see places and must-do hikes.
Post a Comment