Friday, January 27, 2006

Everyone's Gone

Since almost all of the potential bloggers are out of town or country, I guess I'll share why Dad and I are celebrating tonight. This afternoon, we signed the papers that finalized the sale of Grandma's condo, so....after years of travelling back and forth, we feel a sense of freedom and are glad another family is moving in this weekend. I finished cleaning there last night, and I wish our house was as clean as the condo is right now. We were going to go out to eat at the Schnitzelbank, a German restaurant that has been in downtown Grand Rapids for 72 years. We have fond memories of going there when we were dating, and we read in the paper that they are closing for good on Tuesday (to become a parking lot for Mary Free Bed Rehab Center). We could hardly get in the door because of all the people (at about 5:10) and were told we would have a three to four-hour wait. Needless to say, we did not stay and "celebrated" at Fazoli's (using one of our two-for-ones :)

We hope Brian and Amy are having a relaxing time at the B & B in Grand Haven; we hope Kevin, Jen, and Elinore have arrived safely in Bangkok, and we hope Eric, Ang, and Gabe have also arrived by train from Chiang Mai and are right now meeting Kevin and Jen and seeing Elinore for the first time. Our prayers are with all of you--and with Sam and Lydia as they spend time with their Grandma and Grandpa Van.

No comments: