Saturday, January 21, 2006

Welcome to Motherhood.

Just thought I would let you all know how fast Elinore is growing. At her appointment yesterday she weighed 11#4.5 and she is 23.5" long. I can't keep up with her! She also got her first round of immunizations. Poor kid, she's had a bit of a reaction. She's slept almost non-stop since we got home around noon yesterday. Everytime I move her, even the slightest bit, she starts crying. Most of you know how uncharacteristic that is of her. She hasn't had a fever, but we decided to give her some baby tylenol this morning. I squeezed the dropperful into her mouth. Within 10 seconds our sweet little girl turned into a hose. Literally vomiting all over herself and me. I was torn with three emotions: sympathy for my sick little girl, humor at the situation, and disgust that I was now soaked with vomit. We contemplated taking a photo of me in my gross clothing for the blog, but decided it would make you all sick to your stomaches. At least she's not eating real food yet!!

I told Kevin, "Now you know why I get annoyed when you worry about getting a little spot of drool on your pants." "Welcome to Motherhood," he replied.

No comments: