Monday, March 27, 2006

This Old House

After years of neglect, this old house is finally getting some attention. Today a paint estimate, tomorrow carpet, and Brian's transforming work for the past week. While it really feels good to be making some changes, I do feel rather self-absorbed checking and rechecking paint chips, towel colors, hardware details, etc., etc. As long as this is a brief "season" in our lives, I guess it's OK, and the results will be well worth it. Brian does great work, and we're eager for the rest of you to see the changes.

Quantell called last night from Fort Leonard Wood, MO, where he will be for another five weeks before receiving his permanent assignment--possibly Okinawa or Iraq. We hope he can get here for a visit before leaving. I have his address if anyone would like to write to him.

Dad and I went for a long walk tonight and realized that spring is really here. Many people, still wearing warm jackets of course, were out, working in their yards, walking, or riding bikes. We hope all of you can take some time to....well, there are no roses to smell yet, but there may be a few daffodils to see soon. As for Eric, Ang, and Gabe, you probably have flowers all year long. Enjoy Spring or Songkran!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just have to say it has been really great being able to keep up with all of your lives these past few months with just one click! At first I would forget to check, but now that I have Calling all Wolthai on my favorites, it's so easy. I do have one tiny suggestion, however. I don't think it was intended for just the female perspective, right? Come on guys - make your voices heard!

Sherrie said...

You are so right--The guys need to contribute to make it a true family blog. You are California Aunt Pat, right? Glad you enjoy the news.

jen said...

let's see some photos!!

Sherrie said...

Photos will come, but things are still too "in process." Plus, you know that we remain somewhat photo-posting challenged :)

jen said...

Practice makes perfect!!