Monday, September 25, 2006

Kid Update

We have started some more intentional learning times with Sam. I try to give him some special one-on-one attention every day. One of the things we are trying is called Handwriting Without Tears and he LOVES it. Today was very exciting, as he sounded out his first word!!! He chose three letters to make with the wooden shapes. I realized it made a word and helped him sound it out. He was so thrilled he didn't want to stop making letters.















Sisters...I had the evening alone with them on Saturday. Lydia is very sweet with Sophie. Very gentle and loving...giving kisses all the time. Will they look like eachother? How will their personalities be different? How will they love to play together? What secrets will they share? I can't wait to find out!!

 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

jen said...

Good job, Sam!!!

Anonymous said...

Amy - Handwriting Without Tears is near and dear to my heart! I have studied it and taught it and now lots of teachers at my school are using it. The cursive version is great for older kids, especially those having trouble. Good choice!
Aunt Pat

Amy said...

Aunt Pat,
I'm glad to hear you recommend it! There are sooo many resources out there...it is very overwhelming for a homeschool-mom-to-be. Thanks for commenting.
Amy