
He left this morning for CA. Jealous, yes, but I'm where I'm supposed to be. And I'm so honored to be sending him. I have no doubt he will encourage, challenge, and love our friends there better than I ever could. He was so wonderful in leaving: watered everything so I wouldn't have to worry about it until Sunday, tidied up his stuff, packed himself, wrapped up loose ends with friends and community, gave special attention to Lydia & Sam before he left, including special orders to Sam, because he is now man of the house, made sure I had groceries and laundry done and many more things I can't think of now...oh, yeah, he even emptied the compost bucket! I think being around a lot during this new addition has given him a picture of how insane things can get. I found myself helping each of the kids at the same time this morning: holding Sophie because she was fussy, feeding Lydia breakfast and making a police badge for Sam (he is Sergant Murphy today.) I know Brian would appreciate the challenge of the chaos and help if he were here. I'm so thankful he isn't a "command man." He jumps in to help whenever he can. Yesterday he watched Lydia so I could go to another homeschool gathering. This morning, after a wonderful night's sleep for me and not-so for him, he said, "Well, if one of us could get a good night sleep heading into this weekend, I'm glad it was you." This is precious to me because usually we compete over who got the worst sleep. So, Mom & Dad W, even though he might not say it, you must have done a few things right in raising him. There is no other man I would want for my lover, friend and partner in life. I just love him so!
2 comments:
I am amazed that you had time to post an entry. Thank you for
your affirmation of "your man" and his parents. To know that all three of our sons have partners/wives who appreciate and treasure them means more than you know. We feel truly blessed. We love you all! Mom and Dad W.
PS We hope you, Sgt. Murphy, and the girls have a good day. We'll be in touch!
Important Addition--After rereading my previous comment, I realize that I neglected to say that an equal part of our "feeling blessed" is that each of our sons has a wonderful soul-mate so well suited to them--and loved by us. And the bonus is---five beautiful grandchildren.
Post a Comment