Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Higher Pay
Last week, Newsweek magazine told me if everything I do as a stay-at-home mom earned a wage (from cook to counselor to chauffeur, etc.) I would make $138,000 a year. This brings up some questions for me. Would I get my pay docked as a cook if I serve Hamburger Helper or frozen corn dogs instead of homemade lasagna or fresh picked veggies from my garden? What if my kids grow up to be lazy, immature slobs instead of responsible citizens who need a professional counselor? And think of the two amazing "SAHM" I think of who I want to be like when I grow up: one who manages a complicated and busy household of 9 people and the other who is courageously enjoying the last days with her dying son. What about them? I say they need a raise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment