Before

May is gone, and because I realize my last few posts have been about winter and snow, I want to share a few pictures of Tulip Time week. Tulip Time is fun for all ages, especially when the weather is as perfect as it was last week. Sam, Lydia, and I went to see the Queen's Cavalerie Skill at Arms at the fairgrounds. This picture shows the riderless horse in honor of all those who died in service to their country. It was a very solemn ceremony, but just as it finished, this horse broke away and started galloping toward the opening in the fence. The crowd held its breath to see if it would head to the busy road, but fortunately, it turned the other way and went to the barn.
Lydia asked several times, "Why did the horse do that?" Did I really know? No, but I tried to come up with an explanation that would satisfy a 2-year-old. Something about the horse being hungry and tired and wanting some food and a nap. I'm not sure she believed me because she asked me several more times. All in all, it was a great week with the usual delicious, unhealthy food. Good thing it's only once a year.
No comments:
Post a Comment