who have found endless possibilities for cardboard boxes. My parents got us a piece of furniture that came in this box. Once assembly was complete, Kevin transformed it into a car complete with opening/closing door and a steering wheel. I let Elinore color on it with markers, and she has "accessorized" it to make it quite the lounge car. She is loving it. Yesterday she and Kevin pretended to drive to the beach complete with sandcastle building and swimming in the water. I love watching her learn. She is literally learning how to pretend. And I love watching Kevin play with her. It is something I get to do all day, so when he has some time to really get into things with her...it just makes me so happy.
2 comments:
I love cardboard! It is so useful for pretending. I never thought of making a car! We might steal the idea someday. Maybe Lydia could go for a ride with Elinore in the car soon, then they could come over here for a blast in the rocket we made on Monday. :)
Amy
OK--I have a huge cardboard box that our bathroom sink and counter came in. It would make a great house. Let me know if anyone would like it.
Post a Comment