Monday, July 21, 2008

California Memories

Last month we enjoyed a visit to my sister and her husband in California. We were there during the brief but beautiful blooming of the purple Smoke Trees. We had never seen them before, and they were everywhere. Pat and Stu have an incredible view from their deck, and gorgeous flowers , even on the walls of their house. I had to include this gas price sign to show that California is indeed ahead of the rest of the country.
We had a wonderful time enjoying their hospitality and the beauty of the area.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for those kind words. It's the first time I have had my picture on your blog - and our house too - how exciting! I will add one teeny correction. The purple trees are actually jacarandas, which bloom every year from about mid-May to mid-June and signify (to me) that the school year is almost over!

Sherrie said...

Thanks for the correction! That was a serious memory lapse as I now remember our talking about those purple trees and even asking you how to spell the name. It's really good that you are so much younger than I am.