I was thinking about all of you this week and realized I never posted the photos from the day we left. I'm glad I took them.
It's been a slow week so far. Gabe was sick from Sunday through Tuesday, so we really didn't go out at all. He enjoyed just playing with me and hanging out together, although I do spend an indordinate amount of time cleaning to avoid being taken over by the biting ants. I have never in my life had such a clean house. Dishes are washed immediately, floors are swept several times a day, clutter is dealt with as quickly as possible so that pests don't have places to hide. I feel like I'm turning into my grandma, but now I feel I may have misjudged her. I always thought she was too obsessed with cleanliness, but she lived poor for most of her life and I imagine she had to worry a lot about pests and vermin. Which also makes me wonder, in America how did we manage to avoid living with rats, mice, all kinds of insects, snakes and other species that are natuarally attracted to human dwellings? Did it involve horrible chemicals? Oddly, just at this moment Gabe screamed because there was a frog confronting him in the hall and in the time it has taken me to type this, he has now decided he wants it for a pet and is calling it "Ribbety".
Anyway, other than that we have been practicing on the motorbike and helping out at school. I also go shopping at numerous places to avoid too many pesticides on our food. I'll be going with Gabe's class on a trip to the market on Friday. It's a crazy place to take kids as it is dark and easy to get lost, but fortunately, there are only 12 of them. I guess that's all for now-a small snapshot of our lives and a few snapshots from another life. Miss you guys.
2 comments:
It was good to see these pictures of Gabe with his cousins. Although you are out of sight, you are not out of mind. We miss you.
We miss you guys too. Thank you for the t-shirt you sent back for Sam. He wears it every time it is clean. We talk about you guys often and Sam likes to use the globe to see what time it is over there. Rachel Anouthai asked how you guys were doing (You met her at the Vineyard...She and her husband own the martial arts company Sam belongs to.) It was nice to tell someone else about your adventures. We think of you often. xxoo Amy
Post a Comment