Good Morning! I have frequently been waking in the night wide awake. This morning I told God if I didn't fall back asleep by 5:15 he must want me up. Well, I haven't made it to the Bible, yet, as the computer was still on from last night and I wanted to check this herbal remedy to promote sleep. I don't feel anxious...I'm not thinking about anything in particular...just wide awake at ungodly times. :)
So I thought I'd blab about last night. Brian met this sem student named Jeff through George Hunsburger and it seems a nice friendship has begun. He and his lovely wife invited us to dinner last night with two of their friends to share our story and current thoughts on church. They live just two blocks away. It was actually fun! (I usually dred these conversations because usually these pastor-types speak on this theoretical level and I'm like, "So what does that mean for a mother of two and a handyman??!!) What a delight to discover they, too, were practical and so curious. They just let us talk about our journey, asked really thoughtful questions, and listened. How fun to tell our story again...it has been a while. We walked home with our hearts full of praise for all God has brought us through. I left with a renewed love and respect for Brian, hearing him articulate so well what God has taught us and being reminded of our continuing adventure together. Most days it seems so normal: putting new windows in the back building, deciding what we are doing as a community on Sunday night, letting a neighbor share our tools or garage stall...but it is all part of a deep and purposeful vision to infuse everything our life touches with God's goodness. Yea!!
Have a God-filled day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Try melatonin. It always worked for me with my crazy night nursing schedule. It's something your body produces naturally, but taking it orally helps regulate your sleep cycle. It's very gentle and non-habit forming. I took it lots some months and not at all others. I don't need at all now that I sleep at night all the time. Also, Walgreens also runs two-for-one specials on the Nature's Way brand.
By the way, I really resonate with what you say about God's work seeming mundane on the day-to-day level. I often feel that we're just plodding along. Maybe that's why God was always always telling the Israelites to remember and tell the stories of God's greatness.
Guess I'm glad to know there are others up in the wee small hours. This morning I was up at 5:33. Those lit-up digital clocks let you know EXACTLY what time it is. I suppose we could e-mail one another since a phone call would certainly be unwise at that hour.
Post a Comment