Monday, February 06, 2006

a couple more photos



Here is a wonderful picture of Kevin and Eric on the beach at Hua Hin. The second day at the beach, we rented a couple lounge chairs under an umbrella. It was nice to be able to have some shade!

This other is from the Elephant Camp. We were so grateful to have the snuggly. Elinore spent a good part of every day in it. She was such a little trooper! I've posted more about our trip on our own blog, if you're interested.

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Thanks for the great pictures and the narrative of your trip--on this blog and some of the links. That sunshine looks wonderful; Michigan must seem brutally cold today. Glad you have the pictures to preserve the memories. I especially like the one of Elinore and Gabe together.

ang said...

Jen,
It's too bad you weren't here this week. I could've used your language skills. Twice this week I was asked to translate for French-speakers. One was French-Canadian and spoke English quite well, so that was easy, but the French man spoke no English and had medical questions. It was really hard. I know more French than Thai, but it's been 10 years since I translated French and the only language that wanted to come out of my mouth was Thai. I had to think for a minute before speaking French at all because if I didn't a very confusing mix of French & Thai came out. Oh well, it worked out OK. I think he was too shocked by meeting an American who could speak two languages besides English to focus on the conversation. He kept smiling at me incredulously as if I was a side-show exhibit.

jen said...

Ang,
I know what you mean about mixing up languages. When I studied in France I had just finished my semester in Russia. Everytime I opened my mouth only Russian came out, even though I knew French much better. I think our brains have an area just for languages (that they all go into). When you need a word, it just pulls one at random. It takes a lot of concentration to keep them separate! Too bad I couldn't help out! It would have been fun.