Rainy season again...which means flooding kitchens (now the neighbors have raised their kitchen roof just enough to dump all their rainwater onto ours!), flying termites swarming around every light source--outside or inside, giant roaches, and a new twist, as of Saturday evening. After returning from a wedding, I spotted what I first thought was a small snake curled up in the corner outside the bathroom. Upon a closer inspection, I discovered a centipede easily three times as large as any I'd previously seen near the house (each tile is 1 ft. square). The bite of a small centipede (3-4 inches) is about the same as a small scorpion. A big one like this equals several days of agony...or worse. Frankly, I'm terrified of the things, and attempting to instill the same terror in Gabe (so far, so good). Three direct sprays of crawling insect poison, three hammer blows, and twelve hours later, I think it's finally dead. - Eric
Sunday, April 30, 2006
Centipede
Rainy season again...which means flooding kitchens (now the neighbors have raised their kitchen roof just enough to dump all their rainwater onto ours!), flying termites swarming around every light source--outside or inside, giant roaches, and a new twist, as of Saturday evening. After returning from a wedding, I spotted what I first thought was a small snake curled up in the corner outside the bathroom. Upon a closer inspection, I discovered a centipede easily three times as large as any I'd previously seen near the house (each tile is 1 ft. square). The bite of a small centipede (3-4 inches) is about the same as a small scorpion. A big one like this equals several days of agony...or worse. Frankly, I'm terrified of the things, and attempting to instill the same terror in Gabe (so far, so good). Three direct sprays of crawling insect poison, three hammer blows, and twelve hours later, I think it's finally dead. - Eric
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I get goosebumps and shivers just looking at that photo!!
Dang, that thing is huge...you should of sold it on ebay.
pretty crunchy. We saved it so maybe we could sell it on e-bay:)
You guys are amazing. Just knowing that those things live there is enough to scare me out of living in Thailand.
Post a Comment