Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Fundraiser

Thanks for asking, Ang. It went so well! We had a great time eating and laughing and sharing and eating some more. It was really comfortable...everyone new someone. Randy made it look so lovely in there with flowers on each table. His community took care of food and we brought yummy desserts. Brian told part of our story (I love how he sounds on the microphone!) and it seemed very well received. Then I left to put the kids down, but I hear there was a tour of the building, which these pictures prove, and lots of mulling around. Randy's friend made these funny pledge cards with a cute puppy dog on them that said something like, "Yes, the cute puppy has convinced me to give...I cannot resist his big, sad eyes..." It was really funny. There was just a lot of honesty about where we have come from and why everyone was invited. Randy was amazing...we are so thankful for his friendship. Several people were so supportive vebally that night, and to top it all off we have received almost $5000 towards the roof! So we are making plans to have that done before the snow flies. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!

1 comment:

ang said...

Thanks for the update, Amy. I'm glad to know it went well.