Sunday, October 09, 2005

Prayer

I feel like I haven't written on this blog for a while, but there hasn't been anything too exciting to report. We have been rain-free for a week now, which is quite good. I did want to ask you all to pray for this part of the world. I can't be too specific, but some governments around here are really clamping down on religious freedoms and religious people. It's quite discouraging. Sometimes you feel like you're really moving forward and the next you're back to square one. Please pray for religious freedom and for God to move his work forward when we cannot.

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Shortly after I read your message, we went to our Growth Community at church where we studied Eph. 1. Verse 15 talks about love for "all the saints." The leader asked us how often we pray for ALL Christians--in all parts of the world. Most of us admitted that our prayers are usually focused on those in the world of our experience. We often pray for those in Thailand--because you're there, but we don't often pray for those in other countries except in a rather generic way.

I know you can't be specific about the needs, but do keep reminding us about the struggles of "the saints" far from our shores. I'm sure when Dad goes to Turkey in a few weeks, he will also encounter much hostility to the gospel and those who share it. We will expand our prayers.