Monday, November 07, 2005


Here I am at 40 weeks. Today is Elinore's due date, and there still seems to be no sign of her. I had a foot massage and went for a long walk to try to help her get started, so we'll see what happens. I had no idea I looked so huge until I saw this picture!! Pray for us! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

ang said...

Jen,
We will pray for you. I know at this time the days seem so long and 2 weeks seems like an eternity. BTW, where did you hear about the foot massage thing? I heard about it from my doctor here in Thailand, but I was wondering if that's something they talk about in America as well.

jen said...

I heard about it from some friends, and I believe Amy had a foot massage the day before she went into labor with Lydia. Is that right, Amy? That was the first time I've ever heard of it. So is this some internationally known thing?

Amy said...

I have three or four friends who it worked for, too!

ang said...

It's something pretty well known here where foot massages are a regular part of many people's lives. My doctor said that it can cause miscarriage and early labor as well. However, I don't think it always works. I was having a foot massage with a friend right after he baby was born. She had had foot massages throughout her pregnancy without it ever causing any contractions. So maybe it depends on the person or the massage.