Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Another Change for Grandpa

Thank you all for the great pictures you're posting. We love "seeing" everyone--even those who are now about 24 years older. Weren't they cute? They had probably just gotten home from church; they didn't usually look that way, as I recall.

I wish I didn't have to write this next paragraph. About 6:30 this morning, we got a call from Bette, saying that Grandpa had fallen again and was incontinent much of the time. Home Health Care came this morning and decided that Grandpa will be moved tomorrow to the rehab unit (They don't call it nursing care.) which is on the same campus where they live. They are saying he needs to stay there until he gets stronger and has some therapy, but I'm sure he has seen many people go there and not be able to return to their own place. Please pray that he won't just give up and that Bette will be able to manage everything, including visiting him often. It is really hard to see him like this, especially since he knows everything that is happening.

No comments: