Saturday, September 03, 2005

Rain, rain...


It seems that water is an issue everywhere. It has caused utter chaos there in the States and we live in constant fear of it here. Today at our monthly Vineyard prayer meeting one of our friends shared that some of the people in the village in which he works were swept away by floods. It has rained harder on Wednesday night than I can ever remember. Eric woke up to see a river flowing down our street. As usual, in the morning, people were sweeping the floodwaters. I can't say I understand why people do this, but I guess people want to do something and sweeping is as good as anything. Although the river is high, it still hasn't overflowed much, but people are constantly worried about a repetition. I see people filling sandbags all the time. In other parts of Thailand, they can't get any rain and they fear another year of drought.

The rain made for a cool day today. It felt like a cool fall day in America, except we know it won't last.-Angela

1 comment:

jen said...

Isn't it strange how there are things we need so desperately to survive, but a little too much, and it becomes a threat to life. Like water/rain. Without it we cannot survive, in torrents we are washed away.