My brother decided to guess at our personality types on his weblog, and I kind of wanted to see if I could guess all of you. I am linking the website with the descriptions of the personality type to the letters in green. Even though these things have limitations, sometimes they can be useful in helping us to understand one another. This personality website has an interesting feature that has been of use to Eric and I. When you click on the link, it should come up with a page on your personality type. If you go to the bottom of the page, there is a heart icon (this icon may not show up). Click on this icon (or where the icon should be) to take you to the relationships page. At the bottom of the relationships page is a section on strengths and weaknesses of your personality type in regard to parenting. This has given Eric & I a lot of insight into our differing styles of parenting.
Dad-
ESTP-"The Doer"
Mom-
ESFJ-"The Caregiver"
Eric-
ENFP-"The Inspirer"
Ang-
INTP-"The Thinker"
Brian-
ESTJ-"The Guardian"
Amy-
ISFJ-"The Nurturer"
Kev-
ESTP-"The Doer"
Jen-
ESFP-"The Performer"
Also, I found interesting stats on how much of the population shares each personality type. Since Eric always says that the generalities that apply to women do not apply to me, I was not surprised to find that my personality type was quite rare among women. In fact, it is rare in the population in general, so if you all feel like I'm strange now you know why:) If you would like percentages, let me know.-Ang
10 comments:
PS-Jen I responded to your comment on "my two baht" down below.
Kev,
Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong in programming the link that the webpage doesn't show up with the icons?
Ang,
Very interesting! I have actually taken this personality "test," and I am an ENFJ. You were right on three out of four. Mom W.
Mom W-I can see how that would be a better fit for your personality.
This is soooo interesting! What a great website...thanks Ang! I really think I am an INFJ, actually. But I might be wrong b/c only 1% of the pop. is...but then again, I'm pretty special. :) I would love to know what each person believes their's to be...or maybe your mate would be a better judge.
Amy
Amy,
I can see how that profile would fit you as well. It seemed like both the ISFJ and INFJ had elements that fit you. Sometimes if you have similar scores in a category, both profiles can apply. However, one part of the ISJF profile struck me. It said that ISJF are ideal parents, and that has always been my impression of you.
By the way, did anyone notice that none of us is married to our "natural partners"?
Ang,
The links will not go through because the site requires granting permission to a security certificate. You can link here: https://www.personalitypage.com/indicate.html to get the certificate pop-up and then procede to the portraits section.
Am I the only one who can't access the additional sites (relationships, etc.)? Any clicks bring me back to the original personality description.
The only way I could access more of the site was to click on the second on the left icon: take the personality test. Then I could find more info from there.
Post a Comment