Saturday, September 24, 2005

Football, Football

As I write this, Dad is watching Michigan beat (at the moment) Wisconsin. Eric may be interested in knowing that Wheaton defeated Hope this afternoon. (I won't even mention the score.) As we left Grandpa today, he was watching MSU defeat Illinois. Although I'm not much of a football fan, I must admit that I appreciate the "entertainment" it provides for those like Grandpa. It really breaks up his day. Dad and I were reminiscing with him about all the years we had season tickets for the MSU games. He remembered coming for some games, and we remembered that for you kids the highlights were the thermos of hot chocolate, the snacks, and picking up pop cans and MSU plastic glasses after the game.

Grandpa ate a very good lunch today and seemed to be in better spirits. In terms of his physical strength, he needs to score a 34 before he can be allowed to visit his apartment for a couple of hours. He is currently at 17, so he knows he has a lot of work to do in therapy. Kevin's little TV is again being put to good use; it has become the senior citizens' TV. Grandpa really enjoyed Amy, Sam, and Lydia's visit yesterday and Sam's description of the "tall, tall horse" and the little racing boats at Meijer Gardens.

We hope all of you have a good week and can enjoy this fall weather. For Eric and Ang, we hope for a dry week (if that's possible in Thailand during this season). Mom
PS Michigan lost to Wisconsin in the last two minutes, 23-20.

1 comment:

ang said...

Glad to hear that Grandpa is at least eating. Maybe he can back on his feet yet.