Tuesday, August 09, 2005

D.C.





Well all you people with crazy kids! I just thought I'd write a bit about the trip Kev and I took to DC about 3 weeks ago. We started our trip off spending 3 nights with Chad and Mardy. They took us to some of the museums on the Mall the first day. The second day they had to work, so Kevin and I drove to Mt. Vernon (George Washington's house). There were lots of grounds to explore so it was a good change from museums. We met up in the evening with Chad and Mardy for a Nationals baseball game, which they lost...sadly. We kept forgetting that Chad and Mardy are our cousins and just thought of them as friends. Day 3 we headed over to stay with my best friend Nen who happens to live about 7 miles from them. We spent part of the day at the Holocaust museum which was wonderfully designed as far as museums go, but exhausting (physically and emotionally). We spent the evening meeting all of her friends and having a delightful dinner of shish-ka-bobs grilled to perfection. The next day we went to the Washington National Cathedral (which happens to look a lot like Hope's Chapel) and had a lunch picnic at Shenandoah National Park. That night we managed to get a VIP tour of the Capitol building (given by our own representative Pete Hoekstra) thanks to Kevin's friend RJ who works in his office.
Overall, we felt that our trip was a great variety of travel, touristy stuff, and spending time with the people we love. It was so good for us to get away from our house briefly. Kevin's waiting for the weather to cool off a bit tomorrow so that he can get up in the attic to do some electrical work, so we went to the beach this evening and swam as the sun was setting. The water actually felt warmer than the air!!
For those of you who don't get to see me often, here is a pregnant picture of me from our trip (I was about 24 weeks). Sorry the picture layout is weird. I'm still figuring this out.
jen

No comments: