I feel like it's time to post our news again. We've had bad internet this week in spite of our new phone, so I haven't been able to do much posting or e-mail till today. The highlight of our month has been getting a phone line. Praise the Lord! We are so happy that we'll finally be able to keep in better contact with you all and do e-mail at home. We were so excited that we couldn't restrain ourselves from calling you all.
Eric finished his ESL teaching this week. They had a party and got to see Gabe, which they were very excited for, especially one student who shares a name with Gabe(she is a girl). We also spent time out at the Baan Burt Faa orphanage that we've gotten involved in. A team was here from Canada to help out at the orphanage. This group came last year and we weren't sure whether they'd be able to help the orphanage on a continuing basis, but they've committed to providing food, water, petrol and electricity for the orphanage, so this is a big relief to us. We were wondering how we'd find more support for them, but God had it taken care of all along. The kids seem so happy with the team here to spend time with them. It was great to see how much they enjoyed it. Gabe also loves going out there. The whole place is a mud pit and to him, it's great.
We haven't had too much rain lately, so flood worries are subsiding as yours in the States increase.
Eric's school responsibilities are increasing as mine are finally decreasing after quite a busy summer. This gives me the extra time I need to work on Gabey's new playgroup which me and a few other moms are starting next week. I'm really looking forward to it. Gabe continues to talk about Jesus all the time, but gets very angry when I challenge any concept he has of Jesus. I have had to really talk to him a lot about accepting Jesus for who he is, not for who he wants him to be. I tried to show him The Miracle Maker to give him a better idea of what Jesus did. He got mad because Jesus was wearing a pink tunic. He thought it should be white. How does that happen? If anyone has any good ideas for this perplexing problem, let me know:)-Ang
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment