Saturday, August 13, 2005

Week in Review

Well, I hope that we can use this website to hear about each other's day to day lives, so I'll start. We had a busy week because of school starting this coming week. On Wednesday we went up the mountain for a teacher's retreat. Last year, Gabe came down with pneumonia after this particular retreat. This time, he already had a cold, so I didn't let him swim as it's only been in the 80's this week. Unfortunately, he still got sick. On Wednesday night he was vomiting and the next day he had a fever. He still isn't back to himself and we can't seem to get him interested in eating anything, so pray for him that he'll get well. I stayed home from work on Friday as it was the Queen's birthday. In Thailand, the Queen's birthday is also mother's day (since the Queen is the mother of all Thai people). Gabe & I had a great day together, but I knew he wasn't quite well when he didn't eat the doughnut I bought for him to celebrate the occasion. Today I went to a baby shower for one of our members. She is from a tribal group up north. Everyone bought wooly blankets and warm clothes for the baby since it's so cold up there (temps in the 80's). That's our week.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

80s is cold? Wow.

Did you know that you can all have seperate accounts and all post your entries on the site? It is kind of confusing to a non-Wolthuis which Wolthuis is posting what. I kind of gather that this one was posted either by Ang or Eric.