Friday, August 05, 2005

Late Last Night While You Were All in Bed... JDubbs


I awoke around 4:30 in the morning last night to a sound in the bedroom. I opened my eyes and saw a small black shadow darting around the room. "Kevin, there's something flying around our bedroom. I think its a bat!" I said, waking him from sleep. Without thinking, he instantly turned on the overhead light, blinding us both. Sure enough, perched on our curtain rod was a furry little bat. We spent the next several minutes just looking at it, trying to figure out exactly what to do. Finally, Kevin rolled off the bed, attempting to stay close to the floor. He managed to get the window open and was kneeling there making chirping noises to attract it outside. I, meanwhile, had the sheet pulled up to my eyeballs. As adorable as the little bat was, I did not think he would be very adorable up close, and really did not want him landing on my body. Without warning, our little pet flew into the hallway. Kevin chased after it with the laudry basket held in front of his face. The next hope was to get it out the hall window, when the bat suddenly vanished into a tiny (less than an inch) crevace in our bathroom wall (along the top of our cabinet). We could here him scurry/climb back up and around to the attic. "Well," Kevin said "I guess I'll have to caulk up there." Yes please.

No comments: